The Gayest Guest House in San Juan Puerto Rico
just see what our guests have to say
“We loved this place! Everything we read in reviews came true!”
“Just left after a week-long stay at Coqui Del Mar with my partner. It was just as I imagined it would be…We were looking for a queer/gay owned and friendly, social place to stay, and CdM fit the bill.”
“Amazing place. Local experience. Fantastic service“
“A beautiful, scenic place to spend your days…great neighborhood close to the beach”
“If you’re looking for a friendly, cozy, environmentally conscious, open-minded place to stay while visiting San Juan, this is it.“
“Gay Home away from home…I can’t rave enough about this place…We made friends with other guests and that made our whole weekend more memorable”
Our La Isla apartment is a 2nd floor studio with walk in double shower and queen bed, perfect for 1 to 2 guests.
La Fabrica is a large open 1 bedroom w/ 2 sofa queen sofa sleepers in the living room & private bedroom w/ queen bed. Sleeps up to 6.
Pool House is an open and large 3 bedroom 2 bath home for up to 6 guests. This has direct access to one of our two pools.
A large and updated 3 bedroom 3 bath home with chef kitchen for up to 11 guests. This offers a private patio as well.
El Taino is a cozy studio ideal for 1 to 2 guests. It is small, but has everything you need, including kitchen, queen bed and private bathroom.
Choose several units in the same San Juan Guest House villa, or Privatize the Entire Villa
Do you have a family reunion? A work retreat? A university trip? Imagine privatizing our entire San Juan Puerto Rico guest house villa with our Exclusive Villa. Or, if you just need more space with your travel companions, choose either the Vacation Annex or Beach Villa (these options do not privatize the common areas, such as pools and jacuzzi). Renting your Exclusive Villa is more doable than you might imagine and prices are within reach.
Our vacation annex is two properties, our 3 bedroom 2 bath Pool House and one bedroom Cabana. Together you can comfortably host from 4 to 10 guests.
Beach Villa is the main part of Coqui del Mar, including 6 apartments sleeping up to 27 guests. Enjoy with friends and family, but you have your private space as well.
STAY SAFE, your reprieve from the Covid-19 Virus. Staying at a 420 friendly guest house with private bathrooms, private kitchens and private pool/jacuzzi time is a great way to minimize exposure while keeping your sanity. We are a top rated guest house in San Juan.
At Coqui del Mar guest house in San Juan, Puerto Rico, we offer an affordable 2 night or longer “Stay Safe” package including:
- 24 Hour Prior cancellation for FULL refund.
- Private apartment with private kitchen and bathroom
- Private Pool and jacuzzi (sign up for up to 6 hours private use daily to keep you safely distant from others)
- A welcome basket
- No Touch Hand Sanitizer dispensers in every room
- N-95 face mask free upon request
As always, we have onsite experts to let you know the latest happening in Puerto Rico.
420 Friendly Environment. Get your medical license before your arrival. Dispensaries are open. And we have several outdoor enjoyment areas.
We also have a full house generator, extra cisterns for water, and a commercial water filter, so if somehow things get worse, you will still have a hot jacuzzi to take your mind off of it.
FREE 2 hour kayak rental at the protected San Juan bay. Stay safe outdoors and possibly see some manatees.
You’ll leave refreshed and confidently saying ‘Not Today, CoronaVirus!”
Important things to remember during these challenging times:
1. Do not listen to rumors. Read from reputable sources. Here is the Google Website dedicated to CoronaVirus. For Puerto Rico, the most reputable source is the Discover Puerto Rico website with summary of the latest executive directive. or the government COVID-19 website, both in English and Spanish or finally, the health department of Puerto Rico site (in Spanish).
2. Think of others. If you are going grocery shopping, ask an elderly neighbor if you can pick things up for them so they can avoid the risk.
3. Do not horde. Share if you have too much of something. You can drop off canned foods, dry foods, pet foods etc at your local church for further dissemination to those in need.
4. Take this time to reflect on what is truly important in life. Get in touch with those you love but don’t make time for. Get in touch with people that you need in your life. Take the time now to tell them how important they are to you.
5. Try to relax. Work out. Reconnect. Read a book you’ve been meaning to or write that poem to your loved one. Practice the guitar or learn another skill. Get a medical marijuana license for your time in Puerto Rico.
6. Know that this will pass. Life will continue. We will get through this quicker and stronger together than apart.
7. Masks are required in public areas. At Coqui del Mar, we are continuing to privatize the pools and jacuzzi, so that each apartment has 4 hours of their choice daily pool time and 2 hours jacuzzi time. Social distancing is easily managed with many different hang out relax places within Coqui del Mar. Private kitchens and private bathrooms are within each apartment. Thorough cleaning is provided prior to check-in. To keep you and our staff safe, no house keeping is provided during your stay (extra towels, toilet paper etc is provided upon request).
8. A few best practices: Wash your hands with soap! Avoid touching your mouth/nose/eyes unless your hands are clean. Keep an arms length from others. Where a mask if you are in a crowded area.
9. Coqui del Mar provides hand sanitizer in every unit and in common areas. Masks are available upon request. All guests will have their temperature taken upon check in, and respond to COVID-19 government required protocol.
The only 420 Friendly Guest House in San Juan Puerto Rico. It's your vacation....Enjoy it how you like.
Get your Medical Certificate before visiting.
Book direct, cut out the middleman. Save Money.
- We guarantee the lowest price and provide 100% refunds up to 30 days from arrival.
- Avoid third party booking fees of such as Booking.com, Expedia or Airbnb.
- Free perks when booking directly: Receive a complimentary bottle of wine/other beverage & free airport pickup (or reimbursement).
Have a taste of a True Puerto Rican Experience
Our guests feel at home. We are a mix of personnel space & shared areas to meet & mix with others.
- Take part in our exclusive on-site classes: Puerto Rican Cooking, or How to Make the best Mojito.
- So many extras, no extra fee: Bicycles, beach chairs +
- 420 friendly with designated outdoor enjoyment areas.
- 2 pools & jacuzzi, steps to beach.
- Daily fresh Puerto Rican coffee